So.. some of you are thinking "hmm I thought they decided to wait a little longer...?"
Well, it didn't happen like that.
We looked at probably 60+ cars and test drove maybe 10 of those. We had specific criteria we wanted our 'new' car to meet, and wanted to spend only a certain amount on the vehicle.
After looking at so many cars I decided "this is too frustrating, we aren't having a new baby anymore right now, so we don't need to rush into getting our new, big, family car.. I will just keep driving my Taurus.."
As most of you know my car started making a really eerie squeeking noise any time we made left hand turns in the Taurus a couple of weeks ago.
On Tuesday I made Ricky get it inspected to find out what the noise was because I was freaking out about wether or not I was driving a safe car.
I have been driving a 2000 Ford Taurus with 176,000miles on it. I have taken MANY long trips in my Taurus. It was my first car, a graduation gift from my parents.. I have somewhat of an attachment to it..
The Taurus took me many places in the time I had it.. I packed it up with all of my belongings and moved far away from home to Utah to be on my own and work and "go to school." It has also taken me back home a few times.
I wont go into a long drawn out story about all of the adventures I went on in my Taurus, but I was sad to see it go!!!
My poor Taurus ended up needing $1,500 worth of work done to it that we didn't want to pay out of pocket money for, so we kept car shopping.
I personally fell in love with a Kia Sedona we found out in Issaquah but for whatever many reasons, Ricky decided "I don't want to own any Kia's!"
With Ricky being my husband and main "bread winner" of the family, I felt like I couldn't push it on him, so we kept looking for a car we could both agree on and like just the same.
FINALLY, we found this Ford Expedition. and we both loved it.
I didn't want to keep searching once we found a car we both loved because it probably would have been gone by the time we decided to 'stop searching.' We had already looked at soo many other cars before this one.
We know we needed the new car, we can afford it, and we got a great auto loan with a 5.9% intrest rate and we surprisingly got a great trade in value for my Taurus. enough to cover more than half the taxes. but we both still felt uneasy about the whole process..
This will be our biggest bill of the month, which isn't a problem.. I just hate spending money.. I am my mothers daughter and shop sales and clearance items.. I'm cheap. I guess that's a good thing because it helps with saving money, but I sometimes get sick to my stomach purchasing anything for myself.
This is the first big purchase Ricky and I have ever made together since being married more than 3yrs ago.. I've never had to car shop before and personally know nothing about cars. So it has been quite the experience..
We'd feel much better if mom and dad were to fly up here and give it their stamp of approval to help ease our minds about this huge purchase!! ;) (ehh hemm, cough cough)
Our new car is a Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition.. Seats 8.. has a dvd player for long trips. nice 2 tone kakhi and black interior.
It was a one owner vehicle to a Military man, no accidents, low miles, exterior and interior were well taken care of.
And now it's MINE!!
if you are wondering.. we purchased it from Auburn Nissan..


No comments:
Post a Comment