These first three events all happened in a one week time frame..
August 31st Ricky had Surgery!
Ricky injured his shoulder at work one day a year prior (during the time I had surgery to remove my gal bladder). He had many rounds of physical therapy, two cortisone shots, massage therapy, and monthly check up. None of it worked.
After none of these things worked he was sent to some specialists and it was decided that he needed to have a 'Mumford' (?) procedure. Basically, they made a slice in his shoulder and then shaved off some arthritic bone.
I think he is just about recovered from it. He was a pain in the... shoulder during the first few recovery weeks, particularly the first 3 days!
Adalyn was blessed in church two days after Rickys surgery. It was nice to have lots of friends, family, non-members come to church with us for this special occasion.
I had originally purchased a blessing dress for Adalyn from church distribution. then my good friend decided to make a special dress for her to wear! I feel aweful that I dont have tons of pictures of it laying around.. I will have to take some tomorrow (wishful thinking) and add them to the blog later.
Four days after Adalyn's blessing, our little man Hyrum turned 4 yrs old! Our rockstar had to have a rockstar party.
THEN, Hyrum started preschool! He loves it. He asks every day if it's time for school. He only goes twice a week and wishes he could go every day.
His response has been the same every time, "ummm I learned to play and to color!" That is always his first response and sometimes he will follow up with a few other things.
Preschool is going to get me in trouble with Santa Clause.... at school they have a pet turtle.. Hyrum loves to talk about this turtle and has told me about nine times now that Santa is going to give him a turtle for Christmas.. (not going to happen.. at least not until HE can clean the tank and care for such a thing.)
Then, Halloween happened. I didn't really take photos of the kids in their costumes this year.. I've gotten really horrible about taking pictures with anything other than my cell phone.
For Halloween Hyrum was a RockStar and Adalyn was a Ballerina. We attended our church Trunk-or-Treat. We ate lots of yummy homemade chili and the kiddos had fun running around and collecting candy.
We also took a trip to the pumpkin patch and went on a hayride. We didnt take enough cash for pumpkin and hayride. Hyrum chose hay ride and popcorn over a pumpkin. (good choice)
Naturally, after Halloween came Thanksgiving! We had awesome homemade turkey shirts to wear this year.
I actually cooked all of the food this year other than the meet. I forget how much time and effort that goes in to preparing all of the food and getting it ready to cook to have everything finished and hot and ready at a certain time.
(front and back of the shirts we are wearing)
This year we fed the Sisters, Elders and had my friend and her two children over. I think things turned out well except for the fact that we had soooo many leftovers! I can only eat the same food over for so many days before I need a change.. Ricky isn't picky, so I've left him to finish it all off, I'm ready to move on to 'normal' food again.




No comments:
Post a Comment