Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And then I read...

I've been looking through all of my old photos in my photo albums on facebook.

Ok, not all of them but all of the ones from when I first opened my Facebook account.

My Facebook journey started while I was living in Provo, Utah. Out on my own for the first time ever, working, dreaming about college, experiencing 'real' life.

Any way, I've always liked this particular picture.

Why? I don't know. Yes, it is of my backside but at the time it was a documentation of the 'slide' we took down the side of the mountain when we couldn't find any other quick exit back to the walking trail after our adventure playing in the waterfall (provo canyon, bridal veil falls).

While admiring this photo tonight it became something else to me.

I use to know it well but haven't read it in a long while. The scripture verse on the back of this shirt struck a chord with me tonight.

Guess I needed to be reminded---


"But Jesus beheld them,
 and said unto them,
With men this is impossible;
but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 19:26

good stuff.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember those shoes. They were the greatest ever. Do you remember the time when I wore them to church? I wish I could find shoes like that again...

Ricky and Laurie Leiser said...

Sarah, how couldi forget!? haha. when I was looking through those albums, i noticed you were never 'tagged' in the pics. (probably because tagging didn't exist 'back then') do you have the pics? i don't remember.. they are your's and alan's first adventure! ;) oh and the Top Model photos... haha