Last weekend Ricky and I went to Canada for the weekend along for a quick 'getaway.'
I baught a getaway deal from livingsocial.com and I was excited to use it.
Ricky and I have gone on a vacation alone in 2yrs or so.
I had a bit of anxiety leading up to the weekend we were going to leave because I haven't spent a night away from Hyrum since our 1yr wedding anniversary!
I am with Hyrum practically 24-7, and nobody knows him better than I do so I worry that people wont understand what he is saying or know what he wants when he does certain things.
But he was fine with his Uncle Chris and Cousins, I knew he would be but I'm a mom and I'm pretty sure all moms have that anxiety when they are going to be seperated from their children and far away for a certain amount of time.
We left Friday early afternoon and headed to the border. I was really excited to get to Canada. I'd never left the country before so this getaway was a bit more exciting to me for that fact.
Our hotel was in New Westminster on the Fraser River. It's called the Inn at the Quay.
We didn't really have any plans of what to do once we got there or had things laid out to go visit or see so we mostly just walked around Vancouver, shopped, at yummy food, and watched some Cable TV! (relaxed)
About 2yrs ago we got rid of Cable TV to save some money and took over a friends clear' contract that was/is only $35 a month for internet.
Everytime I go somewhere where I am allowed free range of the remote control and cable is involved, I find myself extremely tempted to come home and shop for deals to get Cable/Dish TV.
When I was home in TX for 6weeks last year I watched every single murder mystery, investigation, real CSI, Police, first 48hr, cold case file television show that I could find.
Any way, I guess it's a good thing we don't have cable so I'm not home on my butt watching TV all day everyday.
So.. Back to the trip..
With the getaway package that I baught we got a free box of chocolates and Sparkling Cider.
It was going to come with an alcoholic beverage but we don't drink Alcohol so they gave us this sparkling Lemonade, I forgot what fruites were in it but it was too sour for me so Ricky chugged it down by himself.
The chocolates were extremely yummy and we actually got quite a bit of it in this box.
Below is a pic of the hotel we stayed in. It wasn't bad, we enjoyed it. The part I really liked was the fact that the blinds were black out blinds so when they were shut, not sun came in and the room could be totally dark!
We slept till 10am Saturday morning.. Which is a miracle for Ricky because 'sleeping in' and waking up late is 7:30am to him.
The first night we were there we just drove to down town Vancouver and walked around. We ended up eating Subway for dinner then Ricky to me to the movies at the Scotia bank movie theatre.
Guess what he took me to see!!??
Because I'm a total dork and love this stuff we went to see the 2 week theatre special of Glee 3D!
Saturday we too the Sky Train from out hotel to the downtown waterfront.
We ate dinner, then just walked around, baught some souviniers, saw some really strange people.
this pic. is of North Vancouver.
This is a steam clock, every hour it blows a steam horn like on an old steam train.
Below is a pic I took from our hotel window. I thought it was cool to see the little tugboats pulling the logs to their destination. We watch one of the logging shows on TV. (on one of the handful of TV stations we pick up)
And of course this is Ricky.. We were waiting on our food at the Paddlewheeler Pub. We ate there twice while we were in Canada.
It was right next to our hotel and the food is really good. Especially their calamari!
They had the best most flavorful calamari we have ever tasted!
So, now that I have written this really random unorganized blog post I should go to bed.
Sorry to any that read this! :) I'm tired and figured I should just get it finished since I've been "working" on it since Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment