So, after moping around about not having any thing going on and being 'stuck' at home for 2 entire days I decided to be a cool mom and do something fun and diffrent with Hyrum.
Ricky was asked to go out to work at Delta Marines property in Anacortis for 2 days and was asked to be the driver to transport the group of guys he was going to work with..
This meant he was going to be taking my car because it's nice and big.
Any way, I hate the feeling of being stuck. so I made sure there was an activity to do with Hyrum at home for those two days.
The first day I took paper and covered the entire face of our coffee table in the living room and we drew and colored all over it.
Hyrum loved it. He has a thing for markers at the moment so we colored with markers.
Ricky was asked to go out to work at Delta Marines property in Anacortis for 2 days and was asked to be the driver to transport the group of guys he was going to work with..
This meant he was going to be taking my car because it's nice and big.
Any way, I hate the feeling of being stuck. so I made sure there was an activity to do with Hyrum at home for those two days.
The first day I took paper and covered the entire face of our coffee table in the living room and we drew and colored all over it.
Hyrum loved it. He has a thing for markers at the moment so we colored with markers.
For the second day, I ran to WalMart after Ricky got home to grab him a few things for his lunch and dinner to take to work with him for the 2nd day and while I was there I took a look down the marker/paint/activity isle.
I ended up deciding on some finger paints. I haven't done finger painting with Hyrum yet and he's almost 3yrs old.
I was a bit of a mess and a little worried about how it would turn out because I didn't feel so comfortable with the promise of the pain being "washable."
Didn't want my carpet and furniture being ruined..
Luckily it was a success. The finger paints ARE indeed washable!
Hyrum had so much fun.. He kept saying "money, paint so fun!"
(he either calls me momom or money, he has trouble saying mommy)
I'm glad I can be the 'cool' 'fun' mom in Hyrums eyes on occasion.!




No comments:
Post a Comment