Sunday, September 4, 2011

He Turns 3

Three years ago, September 6th, 2008, Federal Way, WA at 2am my water broke and started this little mans life journey!

Hyrum Jerrold Leiser


(few minutes old)


1yr old


2yrs old


3yrs old!

What a journey it has been!

Hyrum was/has always been a pretty healthy kiddo. He never had any major illnesses, no broken bones, no trips to the ER, no collic, slept through the night by a month old.

Though he was a tiny tiney little guy at birth he has since, always topped the charts in growth at his check-ups.

He has hit all of the normal age appropriate mile stones, especially the 2 turning 3yr old tantrums.

He adds new words to his vocabulary daily and often says things that really surprise me.. not that they are bad things, he can just say things that for some reason I think he wouldn't have remembered.!

As a first time mom, for whatever reason, I forget that he can actually remember day to day life and happenings. He's a little man now who is filling his brain full of new things every day who can recall an event or person he met several weeks back!

I guess it's time for me to grow up in the mommy department along with him as well. :)

I often feel bad that our first born children are our trial and error kids.! But it's all a part of life I suppose, we live and we learn!

Things Hyrum currently loves at this 3yr old age are;

planes, trains, boats and automobiles of all kinds, shapes and sizes!
Dinosaurs,
Coloring, Drawing and Painting.
SWIMMING
Dancing
Transformers
being outside running around with other kids
 and getting dirty!

He is ALL BOY through and through.



Recently I asked Hyrum if he would like to have a brother or sister someday and he replied with:
 
"NO SISTERS, I don't want sister mamma, can't have sister" I then asked "ok, so you want a brother?" he said "no sister mamma, I want Caleb!"

Caleb is a friend Hyrum asks for on a daily basis and when it's been a while since he's seen his buddy he goes crazy and starts having pretend phone calls with him on my cell phone. :)

Hyrum sure does love all of his friends. He's such a busy body and it's always 'play play play.'


We wouldn't want him any other way! He has been a GREAT addition to mine and Ricky's life and we love being his mommy and daddy.!!



No comments: