For Adrienne's Birthday, Corey surprised her with 2 round trip tickets for the two of them to come up to WA and visit us.
This was their first time coming up this way so we did a lot of the tourist stuff to let them get a good taste of Seattle.
We walked Pike Place Market, ate Ivars Seafood on the water front. Rickys favorite place to take new visitors is Dicks. He loves their burgers and frys so we did that one night also.
Eating at Ivars.
Before coming up to visit Adrienne told me to plan everything out and made a request or suggestion that she would like to go to Forks, WA. (you know, the place Stephanie Meyer has made famous with her Twilight Saga?)
So, one full day was dedicated to going out to Port Angeles, Forks, and La Push, WA.
I know that I have some blog readers that are pretty indifferent to the whole Twilight thing and I can see where they are coming from but to me, the Twilight Saga isn't much different that being someone who read all of the Harry Potter books and watched the movies.
The books were fun to read and the movies are okay.
With that being said, after visiting these areas of WA, I recommend anybody, Twilight fan or not, to take a trip out that way.
The scenary out there is amazing.
Plus you can go to the beach and play in the Pacific Ocean. This was mine and Hyrums first time to the Pacific Coast and I am pretty happy that our first trip was to First Beach in La Push.
The beach was beautiful. The weather was perfect.
There were many awesome view points along our drive. I tried to capture some of it but I don't think my pics do it justice.
Above here is the House that the town of Forks has appointed to be the replica place of Bella Swans home from the books.
Below are photos that I took while at First Beach in La Push.
Hyrum LOVES playing in water. He loves to swim and could swim all day everyday if we let him.
When we got out of the car Ricky took Hyrums shoes off and Hyrum took off for the water and jumped right in.
We did not take swim suites because I didn't think the weather was going to be SO nice out. Luckily I packed a complete change of extra clothes for Hyrum before we left because he got in the water fully clothed.
This was also Hyrums first experience with a 'beach.' He's only been to lakes and swimming pools.
Below is the truck Bella drives in the Twilight movies.
These last few photos are more of the Pacific Ocean leaving the La Push, WA area.
I can't wait to be able to go back again, and this time to be able to get in the water myself.
It was a short trip for Adrienne and Corey but it was fun. Hyrum got to get some much needed Auntie and Unkie time and was extremely sad when they had to leave on the Airplane without him.
Hyrum loves to point out airplanes and trains and big tractors and trucks when we pass one.. Now, instead of yelling "Look, Airplane up there!" when he spots a Plane in the sky he yells;
"Look There's Auntie!"
..to Hyrum, Auntie is still on an airplane flying above because an airplane is how she left.
It was a great visit for all of us and we can't wait to be able to see them again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment