Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th of July

How did we celebrate?

Well, as I felt like poo ALL weekend we didn't really do a whole lot of anything..

I think I got out of the house and ran a couple of quick errands with Ricky and Hyrum.

I don't remember if I did anything on Sunday

and on the 4th...? umm, we went to Target, IHOP, then came home and I did 2 loads of laundry.

We live right down the street from the park in Federal Way that does fireworks for this area but we didn't go.

Ricky had to go to work the next morning plus Hyrum hadn't had a nap and would want to go to bed, and my eyes kept crossing and I felt dizzy/light headed so we didn't exactly 'party'

Just chilled and relaxed.

We were able to hear and see the fireworks between the trees from our balcony.

When the fireworks started we turned out all of the lights in the apartment and opened up the door to the balcony to see what we were able to see.

Once they started Hyrum got big eyes and asked "what's that noise?"



I picked him up and carried him out to the balcony to try and show him where the fireworks were and tried to get him excited so he could enjoy them.

He didn't exactly liked it and after hearing the loud pops and bangs for about 15seconds Hyrum decided/said "umm, I wanna go night night."


So, I put him down and he ran to our bed, climbed up with his doggy and bear, covered himself up under the blanket, hid from the fireworks and went to sleep.

Yep... We sure know how to party.!

I hope everybody had a great, fun, relaxing, enjoyable and safe 4th of July!



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I spent our holiday doing laundry too!!!