Just for my memories sake, or for those who don't have Facebook, here is a (very) brief updated of events since the last time I blogged.
I could go into a spiel about how busy life is but that would be boring I'm sure. Busy life is probably better than non-busy uneventful life any way. :)
First off, Adalyn turned 1yr old!
I'm an awful party planner when it comes to events for our little family. I'm a last minute, keep it small kind of mom I guess you could say.
Adalyn is almost 16months old now. She is a super busy little girl who loves to explore (empty cabinets, toilet paper rolls, dresser drawers). Don't need a gym membership with this little princess in the house. :)
At the end of May we took a trip to Great Wolf Lodge (thanks to a groupon purchase) and had lots of fun swimming, riding water slides and playing Magi Quest.
The week after our Great Wolf Lodge trip, t-ball ended for Hyrum. I'm not 100% sure that he will want to play again next year. Being just 4yrs old and his first sport ever, it got hard for him at times. He had lots of fun when he was in a position on the field that actually had balls hit his way, or playing catcher.
Other than that, it would get boring for him and he wouldn't want to participate.
Once t-ball ended I wanted to find something else to get Hyrum involved in to keep him active and busy. We gave him the option of soccer or karate.
He chose karate.
Because he is only 4yrs old, he had to "tryout" and have a personal evaluation to see if he was mature enough to participate in a Karate/Martial Arts program.
Having just finished a season of t-ball and experiencing learning in a group environment like that (and with being super excited to be a 'karate kid' to get bad guys) he was able to get in no problem.
He absolutely loves it. He wishes karate was every day instead of just two days a week and always looks forward to going.
Late in June we were invited to join some friends on a 4th of July camping trip. We decided to go! :) We went camping in Eastern Washington as usual, except we went to a different camp this time.
Our friends took us camping at Keller Ferry Washington. The camp was really nice and we had lots of fun. Did I mention that the people we went camping with had NEVER before been camping in their lives? (except for the husband)
It was a big experience for them, and a new experience in ways for us as well since we've never gone camping with an RV and a super nice boat with unlimited access before. I was spoiled and got to sleep in the RV on the master bed with Adalyn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment