Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012 has come and gone. I would have blogged sooner but blogger was having issues with their photo uploading for a while and I didn't want to have to come back later to insert the pics.
 
We had a fairly low key Christmas. We stayed home as usual. Hyrum had a couple of friends come by in the morning to open some gifts, then he went home with them to open gifts and play.
 
Later in the afternoon my friend and her two children came over and we exchanged gifts. Then the Sister Missionaries came over and we ate our Christmas meal and they used our computers to Skype their families.
 
 
Over the last several months (as I've gotten some energy back and have gotten use to two children) I've become 'creativly ambitious.'
 
Maybe it was the amount of time spent browsing pinterest while I was sick and pregnant with Adalyn, but I crave projects... painting, decorating, crafting, sewing.
 
Because of this, I decided to make homemade stockings for our family.
 
Pictured above (and below) are the finished products. I will admit, I didn't actually complete them until about 11pm Christmas Eve but I did it!
 
These stockings are my first ever solo sewing project!
 
I was pretty proud of myself. Next Christmas I will be able to hang them on our wall and actually enjoy them.


Santa brought Hyrum a trampoline and big boy bike.

Adalyn loved her new little toys and bedding to go in her crib in Hyrum's room.
(now the kids room ;)



No comments: