Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cousins and Jesus Christ

Now that we are settled with Adalyn and getting feeling comfortable with getting her out of the house, we have been back to church for a good month now.

Hyrum loves it. At least he appears to love it outside of church, I haven't asked his teachers at church how he does and behaves in class..

If we have had to leave a little early, he get's upset and tells us (while crying) "but.. I have to go to class.. I need to go to class mommom."

It brakes my heart, then I feel bad for trying to make him leave church early. :/

With that--- He has started talking a lot about Jesus Christ. He mentions or asks me questions about him every day. Mostly "where is Jesus Christ?"

Apart from that, he has also been very interested in 'cousins' lately.

I'm not sure why, he rarely sees cousins here in WA so I'm surprised when I hear him even say the word.

The other day Hyrum came up to me and asked "mommom, where's your cousins?" I told him that my cousins for the most part are all in Texas.

He thought about it for a minute and said "...Oh. where's my cousins? Are my cousins in TX too?"

His voice sounded sad/concerned, but I told him that yes, he has cousins in TX.

Any time he prays, he prays for his mawmaw, pawpaw, auntie elma, auntie adrienne, and his cousins in TX. (that's all who he knows really well (names of), sorry to any other family members that read this.)

A couple of weekends ago Hyrum attended his very first baptism. The baptism of his two twin cousins Maddie and Emma. (perhapse this is where he started the cousin thing)

While getting ready for the Baptism Hyrum kept asking if Jesus would be there, if Jesus was going to see his nice shirt, and if Jesus could see his then new, Teva sandals.

I answered yes to all of these. Hyrum keeps talking about how he wants to go see Jesus Christ.

I feel bad, and will admit, that I haven't been the best parent when it comes to teaching him more about his Heavenly Father until this point. :/ but he is now a very curious little guy about this 'Jesus Christ' man. He gets excited when he sees a picture of him and will point and let you know "there he is, that's Jesus Christ."

In a conversation with Hyrum today he again asked me "mommom, where is Jesus Christ?" my answer "...umm (trying to think of a child like answer)... he's in Heaven.."
Hyrum--"Oh. He's at his house in Heaven? Is he at his house with his cousins too?"

...I feel like I need to take a class on how to teach a toddler about our father in heaven.

I apparently also need to get him to a place where he can see and play with cousins and family more often.

p.s. it was so cute that he came home singing (surprisingly knew the words very well) The Wise Man and the Foolish Man song.
Thanks primary people for doing such a good job with my little man!!


No comments: