Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Up-coming Events

Busy.

Even if things aren't really extra busy, it just feels that way.
Ricky works 65hrs a week at his full time job, plus comes home to do the occasional maintanance around the complex when it is needed, or if we have a vacancy(s).


I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not. It's just a huge adjustment now that we have an infant in the home.

We are still trying to figure it all out but I'd say we are doing OK.

At times I can't help but to feel guilty for takeing an hour of time out of our busy schedule to do something as a family because there is always sooo much to do and get done or that needs to be done.


We will survive! Or at least I hope so...

Next Friday, July 27th at 9am I have to take Adalyn in to Mary Bridge Childrens Hospital to be seen by a GI specialist.


Why? because she chokes. a lot. no matter what she is fed with (breast or so far 6 different types of bottles/nipples) she chokes during feedings. Sometimes she will choke up to 4 times per feeding. my poor baby!
So, they need to look inside and see what is going on while she 'eats' to cause her to choke so much the way she does.


Could be a couple of things, or could be nothing and she is just a "choke'y'" baby.


THEN,


a month later, August 31st Ricky goes in for surgery on his shoulder. The surgeon will make a slice, then go in and shave off a piece of arthritic bone (from a work injury-6-8wks recovery time).


This same exact weekend, we will have family coming to town because on Sunday, September 2nd at 9am, Adalyn will be given her name and blessing at church from Ricky.

We are excited for this event.

I went out and bought her white dress over the weekend.


(couldn't find a pic of just the dress, but I will get pictures of her in her dress soon and post them)

Ricky seems to think he will be fine and ready to give her her blessing, either way Ricky will have help holding Adalyn from the other men participating in the blessing.
Along with all of this, that same week, September 6th is Hyrum's 4th birthday!


can't believe he will be turning 4yrs old! he will also be starting 2 days a week of preschool!

Where has the time gone.??

 
I'd like to say things will calm down by mid September but Ricky will still be recovering from his little surgery, plus depending on the results of Adalyn's GI apointment, it's possible she will have MORE doctors apointments or even surgery. (I dont think I could handle sending my baby in to surgery!)

We never know any more around the Leiser household but we are making things work.

If I dissapear for another month... or two, I assure you we are fine and well!

you might have better luck keeping up with us on facebook.  ;)

p.s. for those non-LDS (Mormon) readers who are interested in learning more about what this "baby blessing" is all about, you can read information here.

No comments: