Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hyrum Starts Kindergarten

 
My big boy started Kindergarten and turned 6yrs old all in the same week.
 
He had a bit of a rough first week of school. I suppose it was due to adjusting from the change of schedule and being away from home for such a large part of the day.
 
There were a few days where he didn't want to go and would cry and beg and try to find a way to talk me in to letting him stay home.
 
It broke my heart when I asked him why he wanted to stay home and not go to school and answered "Because kids that go to school all day don't get to see their parents very much."
 
Any way, he seems to be adjusted fairly well now. He hasn't asked to stay home any more and doesn't complain about going.
 
He really enjoys his art and music classes and we have heard from his teacher several times already about how well he is doing.
 
I hope things continue to go well for him this school year.
 
My big boy is growing up so fast.


No comments: