Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Girl

February 8th 2014, I finally took Adalyn to get her very first trim.
 
I was a bit worried as to how it would all play out. She's not the kind of kiddo that can sit down and sit still for any length of time, and because it was a 'first' I didn't know what she was going to think about the whole thing.
 
---Side not; we had lots of fun experiences with Hyrum getting his hair cut as a young child. One time he kicked the guy between the legs that was cutting his hair and a lady had to come over to finish. It wasn't until he was 3.5yrs old (when Adalyn was born) that he would happily sit like a 'big boy' and enjoy getting his hair cut.
 
Because of time constraints and it being a last minute decision, we just ran to super cuts.
 
She surprised me and did extremely well. She sat there with a blank look on her face watching the girl in the next seat over have her afro brushed out. I also think she was just trying to figure out what was really going on and didn't know what to think.
 
 
She's so cute!

 
And, just because I think this is too cute and funny, I decided to post it.
 
When Ezra was first born I spent a lot of time in the bedroom nursing him and pumping. It was usually just Ezra and I in the room for probably a good month. When I wasn't nursing or pumping Ezra and I would be napping or Id shower and such.
 
On occasion Adalyn, Hyrum and Ricky would pass through the room to get things or check on us. If they happened to come in while I was pumping....
 
this is the look I'd get from Adalyn.
 
 
Adalyn got really curious about all of it. Once I was comfortable and settled with things I would take her into the room and let her sit on the bed next to me while I pumped. (just one more way I can find time to be with her)
 
She likes to sit and try and figure out the pump and insists on "pumping" first.
 
Now days I try to sneak off to pump without her noticing, otherwise I have to let her take a turn first to play with the pumping accessories before I get to sit down and have my turn.
 
Love her! 




No comments: