Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Fever

 
(this is a 'Bubmlebee' themed bike from Transformers.. Hyrums LOVES transformers)

By this time last year, I was more than half way through my Christmas shopping.

I was buying for a ton of people last year, this year isn't going to be so crazy. Therefor, I have not started spending.

I did buy some fleece when it went on sale at JoAnns, so I can make some blankets for people this year.

I am 24yrs old, married, and have a 3yr old son--- I have not grown out of the excitement of Christmas.

My parents can vouch for the fact that gorwing up, myself, and my siblings would be out of bed waiting for Christmas by 5am.

I don't like surprises and just want to hurry up and know what is inside of all of the wrapping and packages.

Because of that fact, I am today, still as anxious about Christmas as ever! Especially now that I have a child who I get to see be excited when he awakes on Christmas morning.

I can't wait to give other people gifts, especially if it's something I am positive they will be super excited about.

It's just all fun and feel good, who can not like it?!
Now that you have all noticed the collage of bikes within this post I will explain!

My favorite and most memorable "Santa" gifts, were all of the new Bikes I recieved throughout the years.

I loved walking into the living room and seeing the awesome, new, shiny bike that Santa had left in the living room for me...

I would take a seat next to my new bike and that would be where I open my gifts when the time came.

I remember when Jessica and I would ride our bikes after school, or throughout the summer, all day long. We would ride so much, to the point where I mastered the skill of riding my bike, HANDS FREE, around, in and out, and up and down every street in the neighborhood.

I don't dare practice that skill today, and I have a bike that I love, that is far to expensive to ever replace. especially not every year.

I DO however, have a 3yr old son who has mastered the art of peddeling his trike!

Do you know what this means!?

YEP! My Hyrum is ready for his very own big boy bike.

He will have the chance to wake up, and walk into the living room this year, and lay eyes on his very


own, new, shiny bike, that Santa will have placed, perfectly and carefully in our living room, next to our Christmas tree!

The bikes you see throughout this post are some that are being considered, that Hyrum picked out while we were browsing through the Toys R Us website together!

No comments: