Since I last blogged my parents came to town and we celebrated Hyrum's 3rd Birthday.
I was really lazy about planning his party this year. I just didn't seem to have the energy to throw some huge fun shin dig, but things came together at the last minute and turned out great.
I didn't have a particular 'theme' for his party. We ended up with a really fun and yummy Thomas the Train cake from a tenant of ours, then just had pizza, fruit, drinks, snacks and a big bouncy house/slide combo.
All of the kids loved the bounce house. We actually got to keep it for several extra hours. It was dropped off and set up at 10am and wasn't picked up until about 4:30pm and the kids played on it till the last minute.
After recoverying from the Birthday Bash and getting a good nights' sleep we took my parents up to the top of Mt. Rainier.
We also spent a day in Seattle going to Pike Place Market and the Ballard Locks.
The Puyallup Fair happened to be going on while my parents were visiting so we set aside a day to go 'Do the Puyallup.'
...and Do the Puyallup we did.
I hadn't been feeling the greatest and didn't care to be out running around doing stuff and planned to only be at the fair for like 2hrs maybe... We ended up being there for 6hrs!
The weather ended up being perfect for the occasion. No bright sun out to give us sun burns and it was nice and slightly cool for all of the walking around we would be doing.
Hyrum got a bracelet to ride rides and road practically every ride there was to offer for a kid his age and size. (i decided not to do a picture overlaod of the ride photos)
I know ALL of the pictures are of Hyrum and nobody else... but I didn't take a ton of pics and was a bit 'under the weather.'
It was a nice visit and we can't wait for them to come back for more visits.
I believe my mom will be here in April sometime, so it's not too far away. ;)
I was really lazy about planning his party this year. I just didn't seem to have the energy to throw some huge fun shin dig, but things came together at the last minute and turned out great.
I didn't have a particular 'theme' for his party. We ended up with a really fun and yummy Thomas the Train cake from a tenant of ours, then just had pizza, fruit, drinks, snacks and a big bouncy house/slide combo.
All of the kids loved the bounce house. We actually got to keep it for several extra hours. It was dropped off and set up at 10am and wasn't picked up until about 4:30pm and the kids played on it till the last minute.
After recoverying from the Birthday Bash and getting a good nights' sleep we took my parents up to the top of Mt. Rainier.
We also spent a day in Seattle going to Pike Place Market and the Ballard Locks.
The Puyallup Fair happened to be going on while my parents were visiting so we set aside a day to go 'Do the Puyallup.'
...and Do the Puyallup we did.
I hadn't been feeling the greatest and didn't care to be out running around doing stuff and planned to only be at the fair for like 2hrs maybe... We ended up being there for 6hrs!
The weather ended up being perfect for the occasion. No bright sun out to give us sun burns and it was nice and slightly cool for all of the walking around we would be doing.
Hyrum got a bracelet to ride rides and road practically every ride there was to offer for a kid his age and size. (i decided not to do a picture overlaod of the ride photos)
After riding all of the rides we made a stop at the 'pony' ride station. Hyrum absolutley loved riding the horse. He was smiling and happy the whole time.
My mom ended up buying the photos they took of Hyrum riding the horse with a cowboy hat. It's so cute, and I'd share it but I have to upload it to the computer first.
I'm sure these will do for now!
I know ALL of the pictures are of Hyrum and nobody else... but I didn't take a ton of pics and was a bit 'under the weather.'
It was a nice visit and we can't wait for them to come back for more visits.
I believe my mom will be here in April sometime, so it's not too far away. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment