For all of you who know my mother know that she is TERRIFIED of opening 'cans' of biscuits or anything of the sort in the following type of tubes.
Any time I see one of these at a store, or in my fridge, or when I have to hold them and open them my thoughts are immediately brought back to my childhood.
If and when my mother braved the can on her own she'd always end up screaming, jumping, and dropping the roll of biscuits on the counter top.
or... she had me, or one of my siblings open it for her, subjecting us to endure the inevitable surprise 'POP' when you reached the certain point in the unravel.
I don't think I was ever scared of it myself, but these days I am very aware of my thoughts and feelings when holding one of these tubes in my hands..
I now anticipate the 'POP' and move forward with caution...
(LOVE You mom!!) :)
If and when my mother braved the can on her own she'd always end up screaming, jumping, and dropping the roll of biscuits on the counter top.
or... she had me, or one of my siblings open it for her, subjecting us to endure the inevitable surprise 'POP' when you reached the certain point in the unravel.
I don't think I was ever scared of it myself, but these days I am very aware of my thoughts and feelings when holding one of these tubes in my hands..
I now anticipate the 'POP' and move forward with caution...
(LOVE You mom!!) :)


No comments:
Post a Comment