Hyrum had His birthday on labor day this year. We had lots of friends and family over in out little apartment to celebrate. Originally I was going to a completely boyish theme with cars and truck (his favorite!). I found a pan I liked and wanted to use to make his cake that is a 3D standing car. Well a day or two after ordering the pan I found out that it wouldn't be here until the day AFTER the part.. bummer..
So I started trying to figure something else out and finally just decided on a monkey/curious george theme. I had a friend in Gig Harbor who did a monkey for her daughters 2nd birthday so I was able to borrow her cake pan. This year I made homemade buttercreem icing. I was a bit worried the entired time I was making the cake how everything would turn out. This is only my 2nd cake ever to make and decorate and my first time ever to make home made icing.. I think I did farely well. It wouldn't have been as nice if I didn't do the party baloons. But everyone liked it. (i hope)
I have many years to practice making cakes. and I know I'll get better each time.
This is the finished product.
I have not been able to find my camera anywhere so I wasn't able to get a ton of pictures of the birthday. We got some pictures of Hyrum blowing out the candles on Rickys canon camera that he dug out and i haven't put them on the computer yet. So I will have to add them later.
His party was nice and he got lots of fun new toys for the 2 of us to play with during the day! one toy he got from his Brother Marvin was a Dinosaur Train train set. After waking up the morning after his party Hyrum went straight to the dining room table (where the train was set up) around 7:30am and immediatly started playing. He played with the train until 8pm that night. not exadgerating.. He did take a break to eat and a break to nap. Other than that, he was playing with the train.
One the day that I went birthday shopping for some gifts for Hyrum I let him roam free (out of the stroller) and everything he saw that he liked, he had to pull it off the shelf and get a better look at it..
I think I did more cleaning up behind him than I did actual shopping. but he enjoyed himself and wasn't to bad about anything. He sure does love his cars, trucks, trains and balls.



No comments:
Post a Comment